Tactical Shooting Solutions Xmount
Currently it is in use with, UK Royal Marine Commandos, UK army Snipers, UK police marksmen. It is also being tested by Thailand special security forces, Jordan and SF units in Malaysia.
The Xmount is an all in one shooting mount that has been developed over many years by experienced snipers to secure both weapons and optics. It’s strong, light weight, multi use and can be used in any situation, making it essential in today’s tool kit for special operations snipers, marksmen and dedicated shooters and hunters.
The custom made Xmount is machined from a solid block of aluminium to precision standards in the United Kingdom. All parts are made from the highest quality materials and the mount also features a bubble level to eliminate cant when setting up a stable firing platform.
The machined handle has been designed to eliminate snags on equipment and obstacles whilst stalking, moving or climbing.
The four strapping points on top of the mount are a unique feature of Xmount® that takes the usage of the shooting mount to the next level. Using straps, the mount can be used without a tripod in applications such as helo sniping, suspension in urban using doorways and beams and rural hunting situations by attaching to trees trunks, branches and high chairs.
Other key features:
- Custom made neoprene for excellent grip on wet and oily surfaces.
- Slotted moving plate and tension spring for noise reduction and strength. Self cleaning rail.
- Excellent corrosive resistance.
- Picatinny mount for use with IR & visual flood, illuminator, laser range finder, sling loops and ballistic aids and calculators.
- This product has been designed to last a lifetime. Xmount’s repair and replacement policy is subject to the product being used under normal conditions.
- Fitted with carbon steel inserts 1/4 and 3/8 that will fit all tripod plates.
- Bubble levels to minimise cant.
- Encased screw threads in handle to eliminate damage resulting in failure to open or close passed damaged area.
- Aluminium Alloy 6083 (BS EN 485-2:2008):
Core mount, moving plate, Picatinny rail, and handle
- Stainless 303 (BS EN 10088-3):
Tension bolt, retaining screws, Thread inserts and spring
- Neoprene AQ133 (ISO 4100):
- PMMA Spec (BS EN ISO 8257-1):
- Designed and Manufactured in UK: BS9000
- Unit Size: 115mm x 97mm x 63mm
- Open: 55mm Closed: 37mm
- Thread Size: 1/4 and 3/8 (standard tripod sizes)
- Weight: 547g (complete with Picatinny rail)
- Coating: Anodised (Patchy Sand(PS) or Matt Black(MB))