PIG0311-GS SHORT Field Tripod
“The Grunt of Tripods”
This is our new PIG0311-GS SHORT tripod. Made specifically for coyote and deer hunters who primarily hunt from sitting & kneeling positions. This SHORT tripod packs smaller and sheds a pound of weight, compared to the standard PIG0311-G full size tripod model.
If you don’t anticipate taking a standing shot on an animal, then there is no need to carry a larger/heavier tripod. Pack light, pack smart.
*PIG0311-GS tripod is sold as the tripod legs alone. A Saddle or ball head would be an additional purchase.
The PIG0311-GS tripod is based off of the budget friendly yet capable SLIK DX700PRO tripod. We partnered up with Slik and started putting together several prototypes with beefed up specs, tighter tolerances and shooter specific features that are not readily available. Eight months of testing later we came up with this field tripod.
During testing we used several 50 cal rifles (Barrett M107 & McMillan Tac50) with great results regarding officer feedback and repeatable shot placement. Being unsure of what kind of garage cannon that might be placed on the PIG0311-GS tripod, we decided to stick with a conservative 26 pound load rating.
A no-nonsense field tripod designed for the active outdoorsman. This tripod was meant to get dirty, be thrown in trucks, and be used outside. Paired with a direct mounted PIG Saddle, this tripod can do almost anything a more expensive tripod kit can do (At a fraction the cost).
The GNN FB-52 ball head is a great match with this tripod.
- The short center column allows the shooter to get all the way down to a 9.25” high prone position.
- A removable, load bearing hook has been added to the bottom of the center column to hang weight, such as a backpack. The added weight will greatly increase tripod stability.
- The center column can fully rotate 365 degrees. This is a great feature for those who intend to direct mount a saddle to the PIG0311-G tripod.
- The tripod’s feet incorporate interchangeable rubber or spiked feet. (Yes, the spiked feet are included)
- 26 lbs heavy duty weight rating. But don’t be surprised to see Barrett 50 cal’s being popped off this thing.
- Lightweight magnesium body with aluminum legs.
- Three section extending legs with cam levers.
- Lightweight nylon carry bag included.
- Finished off in flat OD Green paint job.
|MAX. OPERATING HEIGHT||39.5 IN / 100,3 CM|
|MIN. OPERATING HEIGHT||9.25 IN / 23,5 CM|
|MAX. CENTER COLUMN EXT||5 IN / 12,7 CM|
|CENTER COLUMN TYPE||365 Degree Rotation|
|FOLDED LENGTH||19.75 IN / 50 CM|
|WEIGHT||4.75 LBS / 2.1 KG|
|NUMBER OF LEG SECTIONS||3|
|MAX. LOAD||26 LBS / 11,8 KG|
|LEG LOCK TYPE||LEVER LOCK|
|LEG TIP||Interchangeable rubber or spikes|
|TRIPOD MOUNT THREAD||3/8 or 1/4|